Hog’s Hair Brushes
The Brush Artistry Deluxe 36 Piece Artist’s Paint Brush Set contains a total of 12 hog’s hair brushes.
Brushes made of hog bristles or pig hair are amongst the most widely used for ‘everyday’ situations.
- They are known as being durable, hard-wearing brushes, capable of giving consistent performance over a long life.
- Hog hair has naturally occurring ‘split ends’ that have the effect of holding medium and thick density paint media very well. The strength of the bristles also means that they will stand up to the pressure of mixing on the paint palette better than other brush types.
- For this reason they are most suitable for use with Acrylic and Oil Paints.
Of the 12 hog’s hair brushes in the Brush Artistry Deluxe 36 Piece Artist’s Paint Brush Set, six have a ‘flat’ tip shape, while six are ’round’ tip. Each tip shape comes in sizes #2, #4, #6, #8, #10, and #12.
This range of sizes means you will always have the right brush for the right application – whether you are creating a large area wash or background, or a fine, delicate line – and everything in between!
- All of the hog’s hair brushes have long wooden handles, approximately 12 inches (30cm) in length.
- These long handles provide for a good balance and greater comfort – especially if you’re engaged in your artwork for an extended period of time.
- The different brush bristle types are all coded with specific colored handles so you can quickly select the right brush without confusion.
The Brush Artistry Deluxe 36 Piece Artist’s Brush Set
is proudly distributed through the world’s pre-eminent on-line retailer,